NEO Cryptocurrency - The Future of Finance?

• administrators

The world of cryptocurrencies has witnessed the release of several hundred digital currencies in recent years. Some have gone on to gain millions of users and rise steadily in market capitalization with others seemingly attracting little interest. NEO is definitely in the first camp being one of the most successful digital currencies with its user base growing every day.

What is NEO?
    NEO was originally released as Antshares to moderate success. It was the first cryptocurrency that was released in China and the world waited with baited breath to see how it would fare. It was released in 2014 and has gone on to become one of the most valuable cryptocurrencies in the market.
    NEO is a blockchain-based digital currency and platform that seeks to develop a smart economy through the digitization of assets. It uses cutting-edge technology to enable its users to automate the management and control of digital assets through the smart contracts. This has set it apart from the other digital currencies which just dwell on the trading of digital currencies.

With the digitization of most processes and products, the need to have a universally accepted system of a smart economy that recognizes and accepts digitization of physical assets has been imminent for long. NEO has solved this by providing its blockchain platform where assets can be deposited and registered and the owners awarded a digital certification. This is done through its e-contracts platform. Once these assets are digitized, they can then be exchanged from one user to another in the same way other digital assets are exchanged. This can only happen on NEO's blockchain platform only. These assets can range from equities to bills and contracts.

Smart Contracts
    Smart contracts are computer programs that facilitate the transfer of assets from one party to another after certain conditions are met. This program can't be altered and thus has the trust of both parties. Smart contracts are already in use in many industries, from insurance to supply chain and the results have been amazing.
    While Ethereum was the pioneer of this program, NEO is taking over. This is especially because unlike Ethereum, NEO combines their smart contracts with their smart economy model of digital assets which gives smart contracts greater applicability.

Association with Onchain
    NEO and Onchain have worked together for years now to advance the blockchain technology. This has caused a bit of confusion on what exactly each does. Onchain is an independent company that was a spinoff of NEO which helps businesses and institutions incorporate the blockchain technology into their operations. It aims to promote the adoption of blockchain technology which in turn spurs the growth of cryptocurrencies, especially NEO.

The Future of NEO
    NEO is currently ranked 12th in market capitalization according to cryptocurrency indexing site, coinmarketcap.com. It has a market value of $7.9 billion and has continued to grow steadily as more people turn to its platform for asset digitization.
    With China offering a solid market base for NEO, it is poised to keep growing and eventually take over from Ethereum as the smart contract platform of choice.

Like Neo or not Likey Neo? Tell us below...

• Supremo

Wow I did not know NEO has to do with digitizing assets w/ certifications.
    Definitely sets it apart from Ethereum. As of now it is sitting at #7 on CoinMarketCap.

• I just now heard of NEO. to be honest, I'm actually interested in it more now with this information. Especially if it's ranked 12th in market. Plus with all the added benefits of it right now I actually want to see if I can move on from some other coins I have and put them into a more stable coin.

• administrators

Ye totally - NEO is basically China's answer to Ethereum. It offers a platform for smart contracts and Dapps.

With Chinese support, NEO could be massive in the near future.

• Supremo

@joes Yeah some people think NEO will replace Ethereum as the major platform for ICOs.
    I'm not sure if that will be the case, but it is definitely possible. Who knows?

• administrators

@lucky777 I think its possible that the East could eventually promote NEO to being the dominant ICO platform but at the moment, it seems firmly with Ethereum.

• I am totally into NEO! Not only are they aiming for it to be the No1 Platform in 2020. They have a great team behind them, also the Chinese influence is massive. I beleive it will be better and faster then Ethereum.. But we will see. Still a long road ahead and who knows what happens!

• administrators

@plof87 Totally. I think the power of Neo lies in the recording of digital assets on the blockchain. That could be a game-changer in many industries.

• Supremo

@joes Yeah. NEO has a long way to go but just the sheer amount of people in Asia and the fact that China (home to tons of miners/crypto savvy people) is really 'on board' is good news for it.

• Supremo

@plof87 said in NEO Cryptocurrency - The Future of Finance?:

I am totally into NEO! Not only are they aiming for it to be the No1 Platform in 2020. They have a great team behind them, also the Chinese influence is massive. I beleive it will be better and faster then Ethereum.. But we will see. Still a long road ahead and who knows what happens!

I doubt how Neo can compete favorably with others coin like ethereum, remember that the ban on ICO in China is still a stumbling block to the further development of any project in that region,and despite the team behind this coin,Neo has a long way to go with other coins eg ethereum even in a long time to come.

• Supremo

@joes said in NEO Cryptocurrency - The Future of Finance?:

Ye totally - NEO is basically China's answer to Ethereum. It offers a platform for smart contracts and Dapps.

With Chinese support, NEO could be massive in the near future.

I think the Chinese govt for now is against cryptocurrency development (ban on ICOs) and i am wondering how they would surport Neo further growth.

• administrators

@citycrypto Despite the ICO ban, I think Neo is still a well-funded project and is known throughout the world. Only time will tell whether they really can gain some traction with real-world applications.

• Legend

wow, NEO its great for you, if you believing of their Project in the future, Many other ICO now use NEO Platform, like ONT/Ontology, ZPT, EXT, and if you Hold NEO for long-term you will get GAS that you can Trade like other Coin on the Market.... :)

• administrators

@waluyokimak nice - I don't have any Neo at the moment, but you're tempting me!

• Supremo

@joes said in NEO Cryptocurrency - The Future of Finance?:

@lucky777 I think its possible that the East could eventually promote NEO to being the dominant ICO platform but at the moment, it seems firmly with Ethereum.

If they do that,then let watch a strong competition between Neo and Ethereum plus other coins. However for this competition to have a positive impact on Neo,i think Chinese has to embrace everything about Cryptocurrency and lift the ban on ICOs. Thank you

• Legend

@joes haha don't make my opinion influence you, okay, but its true you can Check on the Exchange e.g like Binance, their Sending GAS among NEO holders monthly,

• Supremo

@citycrypto Agreed. Whatever China does is going to make an impact. If they (the gov't) ever ease up on crypto it should help the market significantly.

• Commando

This was of great help Joes to know about the coin and its usage in crypto world. Thanks a lot.

• administrators

@snehasahu said in NEO Cryptocurrency - The Future of Finance?:

This was of great help Joes to know about the coin and its usage in crypto world. Thanks a lot.

My pleasure, Snehasahu!

Looks like your connection to CryptCoinTrader Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.

"Don’t get left behind in the crypto boom - it's only just beginning!"

Why Join?

Learn

Learn about promising cryptocurrencies and crypto projects. Stay up-to-date with the latest in crypto news.

Earn

Earn crypto rewards by making forum contributions. Gain access to members-only airdrops and token giveaways.

Connect

Connect with us and meet like-minded crypto fans. Get help, ideas and support from the community.